There are so many of us who have drawers, albums and boxes full of photographs,the scrap booking craze has encouraged many of us to have transferred our photos from the typical photo albums of the past to creative scrapbooks.
Leaving a Legacy of Faith wants to encourage you as a Christian to take your scrap booking even one step further and create spiritual scrapbooks to remind others around you what God is doing in your life. Creating a Spiritual scrapbook is leaving a recorded record of your faith.
Joshua 4, tells us God performed a miracle, he dried up the Jordan River so that the Israelites could cross into the promised land, God instructed Joshua to choose 12 Israelites to build a memorial out of 12 stones as a visual reminder of what God had done for them.
In verse 6, Joshua says, "These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.
Psalm 78:4 We will not keep them secret from our children; we will make clear to the coming generation the praises of the Lord and his strength, and the great works of wonder which he has done.
"Creating a spiritual scrapbook is leaving a recorded record of your faith,a visible reminder of all that God has done for your family. Leaving a Legacy of Faith will help you with resources and instructions for building your own "Leaving a Legacy of Faith Album":



a. God instructed Joshua to build the memorial out of stones. What are your stones? These stones become in your album the spiritual events or blessing in your life. I believe that the best place to start your Leaving a Legacy of Faith scrap book is by creating a list of those events that you want to include.
Here are some events of spiritual significance that you may want to include:
~Birth of A child (Psalm 127:3 children are a heritage of the Lord)
~Baptism (Luke: 3:21-23
21 when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened,
22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”
23 When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph, the son of Eli,)


~Dedication


~Prayers (Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me and I will answer thee and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not)
~Birthday
~Graduation (Proverbs 2 the pursuit of wisdom brings security)
~Wedding Anniversary
~Holidays
~Times when God answered specific prayers (Psalm 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him )
~Pictures of special friends or special times that brought you or members of your family closer to God
~Times when God provided in your own life or one you loved.
~Times that you heard God speaking to you.
~Songs and poems that mean a lot to you (you can even include the sheet music or lyrics to those songs)


b. Gather the supplies that you will need to put your memorial together.
*Photos and memorabilia you may not have photos of some of your spiritual events, for many of them it is OK to go back and stage a photo.
Now that you are beginning your spiritual scrapbook it will also change the way that you think when you are taking photos.
You will notice that you are taking pictures of things that you may not have thought of taking pictures of before you decided to leave a record of your journey!
*Leaving a Legacy of Faith album should be one that allows you to add pages, as it will continue to grow
*Acid free paper ( this is to prevent your pictures from deteriorating over the years)*Acid Free adhesive..
There are may varieties available and many are Very inexpensive and go a long way.
*Acid free pens ( writing your story: journal.)
*Embellishments, die cuts, stickers, etc to decorate your pages.
*A notebook to gather spiritual references and quotes from your Bible study, and family.
You have gathered many of the stones! and as life goes on there will be more! You are ready, and it is now time to begin building that record of your faith!
Maybe you would like to write a Scripture verse on the cover, such as Joshua 24:15,"As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."



c. Tell your story. Schedule some family nights to update your book and add more stories. Put your scrap book in a place where people will notice it. Encourage your kids to show it to visitors and tell the stories about what God has done in their lives. Your "Leaving a Legacy of Faith"album will become a wonderful witnessing tool, as well as a reminder of God's presence in the life of your family.
There are so many benefits to creating this album! I have enjoyed working on my own album and I can honestly say that it is a joyful thing! Many of the things I have done can't beat my albums, for so many different reasons. The time that I spend working on my album is very precious to me. Taking the time to sit and reflect on all of the blessings that God has given me draws me even closer to him.
Sharing my "Leaving a Legacy of Faith" album has been very rewarding as well. Several people have shared with me that through looking at my album they feel the desire to want to have the Lords joy in their life as well. I sometimes felt inadequate when talking about the Lord with my friends and relatives. My "Leaving a Legacy of Faith" album has opened up the door many times for me already to share Jesus. As I continue on my "Leaving a Legacy of Faith" journey I will be adding more posts on Spiritual scrap booking. I would love to hear from you.
Email me!
Michelle Dillahunty
Leaving.a.legacy.of.faith@gmail.com

comments

  1. Sassy's Ramblin's says:
    April 30, 2009 at 4:49 PM

    Michelle,
    What an inspiration you are. Now I need to stop with the cards so much and get back to scrapin. :-) May the Lord bless and keep you!

  2. Sassy's Ramblin's says:
    April 30, 2009 at 4:49 PM

    Michelle,
    What an inspiration you are. Now I need to stop with the cards so much and get back to scrapin. :-) May the Lord bless and keep you!

Leave a Response